Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Eve

The apples are out in full force again. Everywhere I go, apples, apples, apples. 

Since my activity with my students fizzled out due to software issues, I asked them about Christmas in China and showed them photos of winter in Iowa/Wisconsin. 

I asked them what gifts I should get the teachers. 

When it came to the Japanese teacher, my students blurted out that I should give him a Chinese flag. 

I blurted out that the suggestion was offensive. 

With so much hatred in my students, sometimes it's hard not to imagine them easily hating me. All the government has to do is encourage it, and they would. 

I think I'll get him a coffee cup or something. I can't imagine how hard it would be to be in a country that is told to actively hate you. 

As for my students, I will try harder to suggest they go to Japan and see what it's like for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment