Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 10-13: Nicole leaves so this post is all about her


Quick Rundown:


Feb 10- It was cold, so Nicole and I stayed inside and I made pizza. Tatiana ate with us, and we struggled to understand each other through dictionaries and phones. At the end of the night, fireworks exploded overhead and we were able to watch huge explosions and wonder how our apartment was not on fire.

Feb 11- We went to Iron Pagoda park, taking all the back paths and exploring, going to a store for some pick-me-ups/snacks. We ended up eating at the Muslim Noodle Place that night, the only restaurant open.

Feb 12- Nicole and I went to the night market and had bread for dinner. I noted a lot of mask/beauty product vendors, and we met some girls from Zhengzhou University who asked us our names and where we were from but did not try to sell us the products in their hands. The market was not vendor-full, but it was tourist/people full, and we took a bus back quickly.  Callie came back laaate into the night. I decided to learn how to pick locks so we don’t have to keep bothering the old man to let us in.

Feb 13- Nicole and I left at noon to take her to the airport. We said goodbye, I hid notes in her bag, and I miss her a lot. : (  The driver thought she was Indian. I don’t know why as we don’t look like people from India. Only as I returned did our contact request for her brother go through on my skype- 7 minutes after Nicole got on her plane.


I am sad. I miss Nicole. She definitely made a terrible semester last semester seem a lot more bearable. Well, I’ll have to finish up her and see her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment