Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heading off

I head off for my flight in few hours. I managed to get everything packed into the two carry-ons. The main carry-on looks a little full- but it will be a free checked item when I transfer at lax, so I care less. If I have to check it, I'll check it.

I am really anxious. I am mainly excited, looking forward to leaving, but I'm also really nervous, as I don't know how many opportunities I'll have to speak Chinese to people will arise, and if I can learn Chinese fast enough.

But I'll be okay, I know. If my bags get lost I can wait for them patiently for several hours, and I have a box that will be on the way (hopefully, though longer, it will be cheaper). And though my carry-ons are a tad heavy (I thought I wasn't taking any books, but I have proved myself wrong), they're within airline regulations, and much, much lighter than when I went to Japan for six months. Considering what I might have done if I allowed myself a checked back the entire way through- I'm okay with that.

This whole trip is about 35 hours, plus an hour of travel after I meet up with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment