Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May

I can feel that I'm used to being a student. I can feel this mostly because it is May time, and I'm putting off assignments and things as a teacher. Luckily I've noticed this and stopped it but it does feel like the school year should be over for me. Alas, I have until June 30th, much to Clare's dismay. 

There are still things I need to get done before I leave- bloodwork for another health certificate, an extended residence permit, packing things away in the apartment, finding souvenirs, and cleaning up in one giant go so that I can come back to a clean apartment. Plus I need to keep studying for the GRE.

Other things I have discovered. I tried to put tacks on my wall to hang pictures and things, only to discover that the paint is crumbling and nothing will stick. When I try to wash the walls, the paint comes off on my washcloths, which is extremely disheartening. On the upside, I am finally finished with bone-chip hamburgers, an experience I never want to go through again. Why, bone chips? Why? 

There's not much else going on right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment