Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Schools and Spring

Sorry that I've been busy these past couple of weeks.
 
Alexis got accepted into her school in the US, which is awesome. Now she needs to rush to get her passport and apply for a student Visa. Apparently the waiting times in Beijing for a student visa can be up to 2 or 3 months!
 
Other things in my life, hmm. Nature enthusists will be pleased to hear that after the trees finished spouting bell-like flowers the cottonwoods all started leaking cotton. So it looked like snow for a couple of weeks! I didn't even know China had cottonwood, but I recognize the cotton children of the trees from home.
 
These past couple of weeks have been rough for many people, students and friends, and I hope they can feel better.  Sickness all around, really. 
 
Ann's mom is here, as is Will's mom. They are both very awesome ladies. Not as cool as my mom, though.
 
I've felt very listless these past couple of days, especially on the 3rd and on the 5th. But I feel more energetic now, and more motivated. Perhaps because my birthday is coming up! Whooooooooooooooot.
 
I'm not sure of what we are going to do.
 
In more news, I've started cooking for myself to accommodate a diet plan. I bought a kilo of lean beef and made various hamburgers (different seasonings for different sets), and have discovered the worst thing.
 
My kilo of meat had bone chips in it. Always. Constantly. I cannot eat without crunching on bone. I'm going to try and buy a half-kilo next time and see if it was just that cut or if all meat is that way. For now, though, I'm thoroughly chewing my hamburger patties.
 
On the upside, doing this training and diet has allowed me to loose 15 pounds since April 13th. I'm rather excited, and hope I can keep this up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment