Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Cold War Gym

Today I went to the cold war gym. It's called that because it is... well, very basic. You have a room for ping-pong, you have a room for free weights, and there's a giant room for the women's shower (over in a tiny corner), about 7 multipurpose machines, and for a dance class. No treadmills (walk outside), stationary bikes (bike outside), or stairs (no elevators, those muscles are already working) to help us. The weights are all rusted, the benches are torn up from use, but I rather like it.

It reminds me a little of the gym in Central Campus for being so cozy. (Ah, Central Campus! I haven't thought of that commute since... ever! What has happened to you? Am I allowed to keep using the gym there? Do you still have a sauna, do you still have a pool, you you still have that dark scary underground gym (under the pool) we met kendo masters in?) For anyone in Beloit, it's about a third a size of the weight room. None of the fancy machines, no music playing, nothing but rusted metal and students and occasionally one older man in a green shirt.

Would you like to see it? Well, too bad-






Oh. Well, there it is then. Alexis came with us to see what it was like. It wasn't as bad as I had been told it would be, but I don't know if she'd go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment