Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thinking of the future

It has now become official that I am the only one staying next year. What a strange feeling; Ben and Adam will be back home in the States, Ann will be in Shenzhen, Will will be...somewhere close, and I will be here.

In Kaifeng.

I'm not sure that I thought I would be here again this year when I first signed up- I never really thought I'd be here in college when I decided to just switch to a Japanese major because it'd be easier than learning Chinese (I'd never need to know Chinese, right?) And yet here I am, in China, trying to plan my future in a place where I might never be. Right now I feel settled, more and more like I'm at home. But I'm not sure if I can stay here, or if I want to be home, or what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment