Monday, April 16, 2012

Wondering about the future

There are these bell-like purple flowers on the trees. I was only aware of where they were coming from the other day, when I had one fall in front of me. I hardly expected flowers like this on the tallest trees, but there they are. It's rather... beautiful, I guess. The purple-pink against the green of evergreens is extremely pleasing; even more so when the sky is not full of dust and is instead clear.

Currently in my range of wants is not speakers, a tv or anything- I'm looking at buying free weights, like dumbbells and barbells. I can buy a set of 30kg (60 pounds) for rather cheap, so I'm looking around. The punching bag is well on it's way to being well-used, but I need a vacuum to accompany it- it sheds everywhere. Maybe I am punching to hard?

Also at this time I'm trying to figure out what I want to do two years from now- do I want to go to grad school to focus in teaching in English, or do I want to settle down and refocus on Japanese? There are a lot of options. Currently the one that's easiest to see is what I'm already doing- going around the world and teaching English. It's... a strange sort of dream, and I'm aware of the consequences that come with a job where I'd move around constantly. Other dreams are things like giving exams around the world, or focusing on accents in other languages (curse you IPA, you are the most useless idea when Asian languages are involved).

There are so many things to wonder, so many places I could go. I'm still young.

On the upside, I know what I'm focused on for the next two years. That's already been set into motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment