Thursday, April 12, 2012

Internet slowdown

So today as I was trying to finish my usual Thursday presentation (it’s like I’m a guest lecturer), the internet kicked off. I wasn’t sure why, and then I realized I can go to Chinese websites just fine, but all the foreign ones are not… working. It’s kind of scary to realize just how much internet can be blocked (and will be) on any random whim.

This includes e-mail; I can’t actually get to my e-mail account so I’m typing this, waiting for my internet to behave itself. I don’t know why it’s suddenly slowed down so much.

Especially as today was my internet day- for pictures, for research, to purchasing a desired good, to making sure that I sent out notes to my students- the internet is needed for all of these projects.

Once I get back home, I think I am going to just load up on possible subjects and take them with me so that when the internet goes out like this again, I’ll be prepared. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment