Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stuck between a semester and a finals place

Last year I wanted cheese. This year I want a vpn. I miss it. Sending this blog posts has been.... 

useful, but not ideal. 


I am currently stuck in the middle of grading; tomorrow is another slow day before all of my exams come in. I have 8 classes of exams (maybe 240) coming in on Monday, and another 140 arriving on Tuesday. Then my grades must be finished and in the computer. Scary. 

This next semester I no longer have additional classes; 24 hours of teaching per week was a lot more than I expected. Plus no weekends, and I was pretty isolated. Nor could I manage my time well, which makes me frustrated with myself. 

With the couple of days break before my finals are given, I've found myself with breathing room. I'm hanging out with the teachers and exchange students, beating myself up over not hanging out with them more, because they are all awesome people. However, given the amounts of time spent on work, and the frustrations at the department and the lack of free time, I'm not sure that I really had a choice in the matter. 

This upcoming semester, there's no extra work. There's just my 16 hours of class, and while I still have writing I don't have an additional 8 hours required to be in a classroom. So I'm looking forward to it. 


Also a friend, Nicole, is coming to visit! She's coming to visit me! In China! I am so excited. We're going to head to Ann's place because she's also here to visit Ann, and then back to Kaifeng for the Spring Festival where we can have firecrackers and dumplings. Tasty!

I am so excited to see Nicole. So excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment