Saturday, March 3, 2012

Little Mermaid

I have lost my voice. Or more, my voice has been severely strained this weekend, and I don't think sleeping helps.

On Wednesday, I think I've been pushing my voice incorrectly- from the throat, not from my diaphragm, and this causes it to be sore on Thursday. Normally I retreat to my room Thursdays for this reason, and come out in the afternoon or the evening, keeping my thoughts to myself (though it is hard). On Friday, I lecture again for four hours instead of the Wednesday eight, but when I have an exciting day, I normally keep talking. Well, perhaps it was the project, or perhaps it was the class assignment, or perhaps it was the friend I was talking to on skype who stole my voice, but on Saturday I woke up and I had no voice.

It's been feeling raspy, and I think the dryness of the air is not helping me any. So I will have to figure out something. I have a very small voice now, but it is low, raspy, and I'd rather not use it until it absolutely needs to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment