Thursday, March 15, 2012

Springtime for Eaafy and China-land!

It is spring.

What tells me this is not the calendar, which says spring is March 20th. It is not the birds twittering in the air, it is not the mosquitos which made their appearance yesterday (bloodsuckers). It is not calling Mom and Dad and finding out that Iowa has been in the 80s currently. It is not even the sunshine or the rain, after so many days without it.

They turned my heating off. That's what did it. When the landlord turns off the heat, it's time to be cold. Luckily, I learned to layer this autumn. It's time to go back to layering pajamas. Soon I'll be able to not do it, but it must be done for now.

I'd like to nap. There's nothing more I'd like to do than curl up in my comforter and sleep for an hour or so, but when I do that, my body adjusts to the new temperature, and it takes so long to get it regulated again.

Sigh. Until then, I have a lot of things that need doing. It's strange how much grading and homework can build up on itself, and the feeling of accomplishment goes away as soon as it comes. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment