Friday, February 17, 2012

The Scariest Teacher

Did I mention I have a laser pointer now? Because it is sooooo sweeeet. I am in love with it.

I have met with all of my new students, and discovered that my old conversation class has now been given to Ben. At first they offered us all a grad class to teach for extra pay- then realized that Ann had an extra slot, so assigned it to her for no pay. It's how it works here, I guess.

But my students, the ones I now share with Ben and Ann, had their first class with me. I am so excited! I gave them an introduction and explained, "I know I can be serious and silly. So I will explain to you- I am always serious during a quiz, and always serious during the rules. Otherwise, I am quite silly."

They are terrified of my "no cellphones" rule. If I see them with a cell phone, I give them a warning on their shoulder with my laser pointer, (it is from the states, which means there is a filter that keeps the laser from burning out eyes) which is probably upsetting when they get caught. After that, they must leave my class. I told them that they either will be on their cell phones or be in my class- they cannot do both. I also told them that having the book open during a quiz or notes, or talking to someone results in a zero on the quiz.

They told Ben and Ann I am very strict, and they're a little apprehensive.

I also have some students in my movie class, who were very surprised at how different I am between the classes. I think either they failed or they're taking this class as an elective, I can't be sure. Oh well. They might have a bit of whiplash from how different I am in the two classrooms. In listening, I figure if you're not listening, you're...wasting your own time. So long as you aren't bothering anyone else. But in survey class, you need to be taking notes and paying attention to dates- the more you have the information, the more likely you are to remember it.

I am the scariest teacher~!

No comments:

Post a Comment