Sunday, February 12, 2012

Today I remembered why I bought a Mac

OK. Stay with me people, because this is less about brand names and more about... me. I promise.

Today started by realizing my alarm clock looses far too much power in the night, and it had turned off, causing me to wake not at 6, as I had hoped, but at 8. Which turned into 9 before I just gave in to getting out of bed.

I wrote my letter of intent to stay for another year, sent it off... and then I decided to play civ iv. For those who don't know, it's a game where you build a civilization and then try to make it be "the best". It's kind of like a computer version of risk. I like it very much.

It was ten am.

At 6pm, I broke for dinner. At midnight, resuming at 7:30, my game froze as I, in the 1920s, with my bomber planes and atomic bombs began obliterating my second enemy, as he was at war with my good friend George Washington.

So. For almost as long as I have been awake today, I have been playing computer games.

This... is a problem. It is why I didn't take my ps2 with me, or my psp. I will play hours out of video games... because I can.

No Chinese. No lesson planning. (A little, but nothing gained).

And as many of you know, Mac computers are not... gaming machines. Few games are released for our gaming pleasure. When I bought my computer before college, I was making a safe choice- no games. No video games. They would not tempt me.

But now. Now I have games again, and it's time for school and learning, and this... this is what I need to keep from happening. I am not allowed to play for so many hours straight again.

WHY ARE GAMES SO ADDICTING AGH THEY ARE LIKE CANDY AND I WAS VICTORIA, QUEEN OF THE BRITONS AND I TEACH HER AND I KILLED NAPOLEON I KILLED HIM AND ALEXANDER THE GREAT WAS ABOUT TO DIE AND

Anyway

Back to reality

It's been a good lesson for me, as has going to visit Ben with Ann- if I don't finish my work in the morning, I'll keep putting it off. So I need to stop putting things off and instead... do my work.

It's such common sense.

Also I fear Wednesday, I'm teaching for 8 hours each week. And that's when it starts. Whoot, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment