Sunday, June 3, 2012

PUYANG DAY ONE

This day started with the bloodwork, as I updated the other day.

At about 4pm, I was thinking of all the things I still had to pack- and I managed to pack a backpack (free) full of things, and had to take my b. purse, a purse that is made of much holding.

There were a few things I knew about this trip: We were being hired for being foreigners, we were getting paid, and that I was supposed to look pretty. So the night before I'd bought eyeshadow and lipgloss and foundation (it was surprisingly easy to find my skin tone in a random store down the street, though I have a slightly darker tinge than most other people), and from the import store across the street I bought Victoria's Secret Love Spell set of spray, body wash and moisturizer (because I remember my sister hated that scent and I loved it). And I brought an extra set of pants as well- the makeup took far more space than I planned it to be.

But I showed up, and we got in a car with our translator, Lou, who is a senior student. He didn't know much more than us, and that was that.

We drove to Puyang and had dinner, which was the first time I had rabbit. We had turtle soup, but this is not the first time I've had turtle. There was a lot of drinking and Adam soon became a well-liked figure, mostly because he was a dude and our hosts were all men. That's what Ann and I thought, anyway. Adam is very charismatic, and the topics of the first night were cars, hunting, NBA, and Adam answered all of those. When they talked about politics, however, Ann and I piped up and talked about the medical system in the US. While in China the system is not good but affordable so people go to the doctor, while in the US, which has great medical facilities, even the co-pay can be expensive so people don't. We only go when it is absolutely necessary.

After dinner we went to the hotel, which was really nice. We all got our own rooms!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NYJpLctZJYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sorry some of my videos were taken down- the grottos ones. Youtube was claiming that they were all copies of each other and while they weren't, I didn't find any way to complain and argue they were not, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment