Sunday, September 23, 2012

Candy's School, Dinner, Internet

Today I woke up and there has been no internet all day. Way to start the week of your 100 year celebration, Henan University. I am currently somewhere else. 

Today Candy's school had 30 students. She is quite happy. I am happy for her. 

Last night I invited Candy, Candy's husband, and another Chinese teacher, Athena, to grilled/toasted cheese with the other teachers and the student Izinga. I made tomato soup (from a can), but there wasn't enough for generous portions. That's alright, though. Toasted cheese was kinda welcome. 

Then Candy's husband brought liquor and I got into a drinking contest with him. Then he drove home. 

I learned about that second part today. 

Nothing happened, but to me, once I have any alcohol my policy is to never drive. Even if it's been a couple hours, I wait until I've slept on it. It's rather unsettling to know he drove home instead of letting his wife drive. This is also partly why I didn't buy alcohol in the first place- I knew they'd be driving. 

Though I'm not sure if the drinking and driving is a China thing or a him thing yet. I have seen people act as DDs before, and I've seen drivers partake in drinking before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment