Friday, September 21, 2012

Hello, goodbye, and after a week of 24 hours of teaching

I do not envy elementary teachers. I cannot imagine how stressful it must be to come up with multiple lesson plans a day. If you want good lesson plans, you spend hours on material and planning. If you are a terrible teacher, you don't. Both types wing it half the time as well. 

I am glad to be a teacher. It gives me much more respect for my teachers beforehand. 

The Australian teachers are leaving. There have been a couple of them, Pina and Mario, to whom we have gotten attached. I will miss them both. They've been a lot of fun, and while we do our own things, having a bi-weekly dinner has been great. 

They've left us a few things- mostly very good memories. 

Next week is our hundred year celebration. Many new people flock around on campus. 


On the upside, the breadstore is open again, and I've seen a car covered in anime on campus. If that car can survive Kaifeng with all the Chinese flags (the breadstore added one) and riots in other cities, I think I will be quite safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment