Sunday, April 7, 2013

Speedy Internet like a Speedy Sloth

It's the day after the break- all students need to be back on campus. Today as I used the internet in the morning, I realized that I'm getting dial-up speeds. 

Remember, I can't get faster internet- I tried that. The hotel doesn't assign us IP numbers, either, so there's no way to request or pay for just my IP. 

Yesterday I had to do an internet crawl- it's where I go to different cafes and businesses just to use their internet. It's not as much money as the cafe, but it is a lot of money. The Australians do have speedy internet, but I've played with the router, my computer, settings, everything and my computer won't pick up that wireless signal. I may try an ethernet cable later today, and if that works, I'll park myself out by their internet like a hobo. 

In other news, I keep seeing pictures of my cats as kittens and wish I was home sooner. It's about that time, if I haven't mentioned it- Spring is here, and we're all counting down the days that we teach. We're all trying to figure out how long we have, who to talk to, and what to do or say. Mentally, I think, we're getting ready to go, like the last 15 minutes of class where you stare out a window. Soon enough. I have so much stuff I've acquired. I've got to figure out if I should send it home or sell it (most of it will be sold).

 I'm trying to get confirmation that I can take a train to Prague. If not, another time- I'm not going to reject a ticket that is paid for by the department.

 All this while I need to grade, assemble information, and double-check my student's papers. Whoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment