Thursday, January 26, 2012

Puyang Day Four

New Year's Day! We were woken up in the morning with loud fireworks. I didn't bother to look at the time. Mom would wake me up later, as she did each morning in this hotel, by trying to figure out which lightswitch turned on the light in the bathroom. 

We arrived early enough to eat breakfast jaozi, and then we watched TV. It was the most exciting, let me tell you. We watched people in an obstacle course, and we saw a 60s Chinese movie about a women's basketball coach taking the women to the olympics. We mostly watched it due to the English subtitles. 

Then we had lunch, which was delicious. I think this lunch had a main dish of dried flowers. It was quite delicious. So many things I did not think I would eat in China- turtle, flowers, duck. And yet. 

We were supposed to go to a park, but Alexis got a phone call from her sister that they were headed to the hospital. So Mom and I went back to our hotel so that Alexis could see her grandfather, who'd been in there this entire time. We waited for her to contact us again, passing the time with trying to understand a TV drama about a mother-in-law. After another delicious dinner, we played cards, learning a new game which seems similar to President without so many tricks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment