Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Theivery

Most of today was spent doing two things: Watching movies and grading. Not surprisingly, those things were done together (movies I'd already seen so that I wouldn't pay more attention to the movie). I was debating going out to dinner when I got a text from Alexis, asking if we should eat. I told her sure, and waited for her. It was a nice break from 6-7 hours of grading.

Alexis stopped by and asked me why there were policemen, and then she stopped. "Adam's bike is gone!" she exclaimed in surprise.

Adam had bought a blue electric bike that he could ride around. He really liked the bike. But today, as I was grading (the bike storage is underneath my steps into the apartment) someone tore the lock off his bike and stole it. The police took Adam's statement and a description of the bike; tomorrow they'll look at the security cameras and get a statement from Adam. Because the bike is a more expensive item, he has to get a statement and there's a little more paperwork involved.

He's not at all excited for going to the station. He's also not very excited that his bike was stolen, to put it politely.

It's rather worrisome for me; I didn't hear anything, and the theft happened closest to my door, even though it's on the second story. On the other hand, I always keep my door locked unless I'm expecting company (like Ann or Alexis). So while that's not a guarantee I won't be robbed, it is a mental comfort.

Still, it's really rotten and I hope Adam gets his bike back.

No comments:

Post a Comment