Friday, January 20, 2012

Puyang Day One

Well, since yesterday my mother and I relaxed around the house (good idea because she was exauhsted), there wasn't much worth updating. For an hour I shouted out different arobic excercises. Is that interesting? Because I don't think it is, really.
 
Today Mom and I went to Puyang. Alexis's cousins came to pick us up (judge cousin of the high courts of Henan), and we drove to Puyang, a town that reminds me of a Kaifeng without... a center, maybe. Kaifeng feeds a lot off of Zhengzhou. I'm not sure Puyang does the same, but this is only my first impression, and impressions are able to change.
 
Mom kept getting stuck in doors.
 
The first door was the bus door, when we had to leave. It was a bus system whihc I have never seen; a woman was there alongside the driver to take your money. There was no inserting it into a change slot, even though the bus had them. Then, as we left the crowded bus, Mom wasn't quick enough, and the doors started to shut on her. Alexis and her mother yelled at the driver and then Mom was safe.
 
At the restaurant, Mom and I were treated to a fine Chinese meal (Mom was the guest of honor since she is my parent), but on the elevator up she got hit by the doors, twice. Entering and exiting. Luckily the doors were sensitive enough to stop and say "That's a person! Abort! Abort!" but still, it's a little scary.
 
We had a very delicious meal, and are safely in Puyang, somehow with a hotel with internet. I'm not sure if this costs money; if it does, I shall pay Alexis back.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment