Monday, October 24, 2011

Adam's Birthday

Posting pictures tomorrow.

Had tickets to a few parks, so I went with Ann, Will, Tamir, and a student named Viola to a park about a female soldier. It was pretty cool; I also got a fight taped after it. (I only had 5 tickets, and as I went outside to invite people I ran into 4 other people, and they were the ones who came with me).

Then we went to Lazy Cat Pizza, with really good pizza and we ate a bunch for Adam’s birthday!

While we were on our way there, we almost got hit by a bus. The driving in Kaifeng is bad, and I always think there will be an accident, but this one the bus was a couple of centimeters away after it stopped from our rickshaw, and there was nowhere to jump out. We all passively looked at the bus, and thought, “Well, possible we’ll get hit by that bus, not much we can do”. The driving in Kaifeng is really bad, like I said, and there are a lot of almost accidents I’ve been in- far too many for USA driving standards- but this one was pretty bad. When we’re in a rickshaw, there is really nothing keeping the bus from us.

So that was a bit scary. Though I’m partially telling you this story because often when you are in a rickshaw or taxi or car, you will have far too many close calls for you to keep caring about each individual one- scary as the bus was, I’ll have forgotten it, I’m sure, in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment