Thursday, October 13, 2011

Things I would have brought with me if I knew beforehand:

Conditioner. I think I can’t read it, but I haven’t seen any conditioner where I live. Just body soaps and shampoos. Realistically, I don’t need conditioner, but I’m so used to it!

Tampons. Guess what? Tampons came to China…and failed. There are no tampons where I live, and no one has heard or seen of one in Kaifeng. No one. I’m guessing they’re unavailable most places, too. (I brought some, but I’ll run out before the year is over. This is more to anyone in the future who wants to come). It's a fun reaction when someone asks if I have a lady product and I hand them a tampon, because they look at it and have two reactions: How does it work? Why is it so small?

Cheese is also worth considering, if only for having a small bit in very tense moments. I think it is worse when everyone else mentions wanting cheese around me, though. Parmesan cheese would have been pretty nice.

That's all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment