Thursday, October 13, 2011

What I did when Will and Ann returned

October 9th


Luckily Will and Ann returned the next day. They were tired. Due to it being National Week, everybody was on a train. Even though their train took them 7 hours to get back, several other people had to stand! This is not uncommon, apparently.

We had dinner. I guess this is pretty common.

My computer has been shared with Ann a bit- hers died, making mine the only Mac left. To be fair, her computer is about 8 years old. Mine is only 5.

…It has served me well, done well being dropped, so say what you will about it. It was a good choice of computer for me.

Yesterday and Saturday were spent creating scripts and e-mailing students. Tomorrow will be my Survey of English Speaking Countries Class, covering British History. I’m going to have Saxons, Vikings, and Normans. Then I’m going to have Kings and Queens line up.

And some videos. Anything that spices up the monotony of having a black board or power point. I know power points are overdone, but considering most people can read but not understand me, it doesn’t seem like a bad way to do things right now. I need them to understand what I’m saying, have pictures to recognize, more than I need freedom outside of power-point. Overdone, but I hope I have more visual aid (though one of my screens makes that fail each time), especially with the help of videos, and hands-on activities will, I hope, make things more lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment