Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Concert and Heat

Last night I went to a concert hosted by a student. It was really good; like his senior show. Interestingly it was all pop music (though one Buble piece in which, and I quote, “The singer [sung] with the soul of a black man”. The quote is from the singer himself). Not just pop music, but also, it was done karaoke style, with no instruments behind you. Still, it was fun to hear him sing, and we got seats, being foreign people. I think the deal was he looked international, and we got a free concert. Yay!

There were people lined up in the aisles, and we were breaking all sorts of fire codes. I don’t know what else to say about that- people were standing on desks, packed in, just to see this kid.

We came back, and today I’m finishing typing up an explanation about the Republican Presidential Debate. I’m showing it to my audio-visual class. Not only does it improve listening and is an example of an interview, it also lets them know what my country is interested and thinking about when we decide to vote for whom. Also it lets them know about the wide variety of people who want to be president.

Also today I’m hearing drops of water in many places- I think they’re turning on the heat. Whoot. Whoot. Mostly I find leaving my heater on after I come home in my room keeps it warm enough for me to fall asleep in. Leaving it on for hours makes it toasty indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment