Wednesday, November 9, 2011

La la la teaching again

I recovered from the sick!

…Wait. Hanging around too much Chinese. I am no longer ill!

So today I taught class, and actually ate food. No. I did that. All by myself, I ate food. Like I am a grown adult ate my food.

Conversation class went like this: We made lists of things people liked and disliked, and I asked them why they liked or disliked something, and then for agreeing and disagreeing I had them take votes and explain their positions. We talked about the most important things in life, which was not “water”, “food”, “shelter” or “health”, but instead “family”. Then I made them play “heads up, 7-up”, while I wrote on the board the group homework skit I want them to do in three weeks. I think it will be fun. Maybe.

In visual class I showed the last episode of Oprah. It spoke to a lot of students and they seemed to really like it. That episode is good for feeling like you’re worth something, and that’s something we all want to feel. Besides, Oprah speaks clearly and slowly, so she’s wonderful to understand. Many students afterward told me they had wanted to cry with that show.

After that… huh…. Well, Since I had to cancel Tuesday’s class (Survey Class)(See: sickness) a lot of students also asked me when we’ll make up class. My response: We can make up a class?

The things I am learning. If I had kept the schedule, both classes would be even now. Drat.

The things I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment