Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Classes

Well, I have only a few classes, but today I had two back to back- because I’m the AV teacher, the students all come to my room. This means I have a home base room. And today, one of my classes came early, so I think I’ll play music videos for them when they come next week.

My questions for today were things like, “What is your opinion on gays and lesbians”, “What is your dream house?”, “Does William have a girlfriend” (I ratted William out), “Do you have a boyfriend”, “What do you think of Chinese boys”, “Would you like to get married”, and “Will you continue teaching?”

While it is far too early to decide whether or not I like teaching (now I’ve got to get serious lesson plans, and I’ve got to get worksheets done), I do like interacting with the students. They are fun and mostly inquisitive. There are some that are really shy, and some that are terrified of this TV show I’m showing them (but you know what, a scary TV show where nobody dies violently? On a family TV show? That’s pretty good, I think) but I can usually tell, and I give them permission not to watch if they are scared.

I have seen this episode so many times now. So many times. This is why I need to choose my movies carefully. Yay movies.

I share students with another teacher, William, so I got a warning on some of the questions.

Apparently today was teacher’s day. I had an e-mail from a student who is not on one of my name lists- perhaps she’s actually from the time I taught the wrong class. But I sent a reply, a thank-you.

...And when I woke up this morning, I had acquired 5 more. When do these people sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment