Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Second Day of Class

This week is full of introductions. I'm teaching currently 4 classes. In two weeks I'll add 4 more (one has been added together for a mega-ultra big class).

Well, as I got to my room, there was a lady who spoke Chinese, and only Chinese, but she helped me set up. I was a loss of what to do because the setup was one master computer and all the students then saw the master-computer. Three screens, a lot of confusion, but I think I understand how it works.

I managed to get everybody to speak where they were from, their names, their ages, and I told them to ask me a question. I was told a lot of questions, but someone requested me to sing. So I did. I should probably learn Greensleeves.

Then, I had them watch a TV show. There wouldn't be enough time for discussion, but next week I'll have a script and we'll talk about things in the TV show that might have been lost in translation.

The TV show in question was "Blink", one of the scarier episodes of Dr. Who. It's suitable for children, so I'm not concerned, but it is very suspenseful. The idea of the episode is that there are beings that send you through time. When anything living looks at them, they turn to stone. Even themselves. But when you aren't looking....

So you can't blink, or they'll send you through time.

There are some things that didn't quite make it through the heads of people, and they didn't want to ask questions, so I encouraged them, and explained about the angels. At the end, the angels are in deadlock- they're looking at each other, so the people are safe.

It's a very scary episode, but I feel this class went really well. I was called cute and beautiful twice each. But there are only two dudes in the class, so I'm sure it's just my huge eyes.

Then at the end, I forgot my cell phone. Yup.

But at least class went well this time.

I have a student named Page 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment