Tuesday, September 20, 2011

WHOOPS

I don’t even know what to title this right now.

I’m sleepy, and flushed, which probably isn’t so good but I’m not sure why I have been flushed at night lately. I’m not sure what it is. But the important thing is, today I got a package! From home! So mail time is about 2 and a half weeks. And in the package, I received my most important item…..

Guess…..

.

.

.

MY BLOOD PRESSURE CHECKER!



(The worst part is some of you will not have guessed that. Or anything close to it).

Yeah, when you’re normal BP is stroke-level BP, you kinda need one of those around. It is so beautiful. So beautiful, I could cry.

(When I went for the med check-up, my BP was a bit lower than normal, so I am still okay with having it shipped. With this I want to make sure my BP does not drop horrific, horrific levels when/if I loose weight. And I’m already loosing, so I need to keep track of my BP for that).

.

Ah, today I finally taught one of my classes- the one that no one showed up to two weeks ago. It is about 50 students. So huge. So huge. Forgetting I am not a teacher in Law School (I can dream sweet dreams so long as I know they're dreams, right?), I assigned 74 pages of reading. In a foreign text.

Do I need to point out this was a mistake?

Then someone afterward pointed out this class might be a year long, not a semester long, and that they might have more time, and that that was unusually cruel, and I remembered I’m teaching what’s in the book anyway right now and I sent a text to the first person in the class I could reach to cancel it. Suddenly, when I tell people, they already know.

How fast is communication in China again?

I’ll talk more about the class tomorrow, and videos and pictures should also go up if they can. It might be 48 hours or so before that happens, too.

Tomorrow is freshman conversation. I’m going to give them an assignment of talking to cleverbot. They must write down the first five questions they ask and responses they get. And turn them into me. Also, they are required to go to English Corner once a week (English Corner is MTWTF, 20:30-21:30). I think these are fair assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment