Sunday, September 4, 2011

Music Times

Today worked on my syllabus which needs to be in (apparently) before we start teaching classes. Technically I have syllabi. Technically I should be freaking out over what things I am going to show my classes.

But that would be too easy. So I made very sketchy outlines, because I'll get the "official" form of what a syllabus looks like here, I will submit it, I will mention that people need to raise their hands, I will mention I received my information really late, I dunno. It'll get done tonight, as it's almost completed.

Today Ann stopped by and so we went walking and we found the music building. To understand what it was like, listen to one of Charles Ives's pieces. It went a lot like that, scrambles of music playing everywhere. We walked along the lake, turned back, found a slew of convenience stores and the cafeteria near the music school. The best part about the stores? They all sell bootleg cds and dvds. Their topics are all operas or classical music.

Still waiting to find the blue-ray disk that features Twilight and other classical horror films like Dracula and Frankenstein, but that'll come. The classical music was fun to search through.

No comments:

Post a Comment